Quiz Answers for Rhiwbina Living Winter issue
1. Rhiwbina Memorial Hall was officially opened in which year?
2. The legendary Rhiwbina Twmpath is what exactly?
a) an 11th century Norman motte
3. Which iconic Rhiwbina building served as an Air Raid Warden’s Post in WW2?
c) The Wendy House
4. The 2011 Dr Who Christmas Special was filmed in which street in Rhiwbina?
c) Y Groes
5. Rhiwbina’s Monico cinema played its last film in which year?
6. Which historical figure has connections with the Rhiwbina area?
c) Oliver Cromwell
7. Rhiwbina Living Magazine was launched in which year?
8. Which famous British actress used to live in the Garden Village as a child?
a) Angharad Rees
9. Football superstar Gareth Bale once played for which school side?
b) Eglwys Newydd
10. Which Rhiwbina road used to be called Homfray Road?
11. Which legendary rock band once sponsored Rhiwbina Squirrels rugby team?
a) Def Leppard
12. Which local musical group can justifiably claim to be the oldest band in Wales?
a) City of Cardiff (Melingriffith) Brass Band
13. Which 80s musical star was brought up on Heol Llanishen Fach?
c) Howard Jones
14. Which historical Welsh prince is said to have been killed in Rhiwbina?
a) Iestyn ap Gwrgant
15. Which famous screenplay and novel writer grew up in the Garden Village?
b) Andrew Davies
16. Which Rhiwbina park was originally destined to be a residential cul-de-sac?
17. In which year did Sam Warburton make his senior Welsh debut?
18. What was the name of he world-famous sheep who lived in a house with his owner in Rhiwbina?
19. Which legendary Welsh footballer once owned a sports shop on Heol-y-Deri?
a) John Charles
20. What was the name given to the Rhiwbina tearooms that used to be situated on the present-day Clos-Yr-Ardd?
21. What is the nickname given to the stream that runs through Rhiwbina?
a) The Bloody Brook
22. Outside which well-known Rhiwbina building will you find a ‘benchmark’, traditionally used to calculate mean heights above sea-level?
c) Rhiwbeina Primary School
23. What was the name of the former cricketer and sports commentator who grew up in Rhiwbina?
c) Alan Wilkins
24. What was the name of Rhiwbina Living’s now-retired mascot who would frequently be seen at village festivals?
25. In which year did Rhiwbina railway station first open?
26. How many schools are there in Rhiwbina?