1. Finalists in the 2013 UK Independent Magazine Awards, we were shortlisted in no less than 3 categories, including Best UK Community Magazine. Our editor is also an award-winning writer and has been editing community magazines since 2004. We publish editorial and news that readers can really relate to – spending more time with our magazines means that our readers spend more time with your advert! It’s a simple equation.
2. We have helped promote over 1,000 businesses and organisations since 2007. Our magazines were specifically created to provide a neighbourly and cost-effective platform for local trade. Our testimonials prove that advertising with Living Magazines can have a positive effect on your business balance sheets.
3. We take pride about our distribution. After all, what’s the use of keeping boxes of glossy magazines in storage? After getting our hands burned when we first started, we trust no-one but ourselves to get the job done properly. We deliver Rhiwbina Living, door-to-door, to 4,400 homes in Rhiwbina each issue (covering 1,000 miles a year on foot in the process!). We also make sure that 6,000 copies per issue of Whitchurch and Llandaff Living get onto our stands at Tesco Extra, Tesco Express, Spar Llandaff and Co-op Whitchurch, as well as into shops, cafes, libraries and well…basically everywhere in Whitchurch, Llandaff and Llandaff North!
4. We haven’t put a penny on our prices since 2009. And with no VAT to pay and a 15% discount for yearly bookings, every penny you invest in an advert goes into getting a return on it. Without advertising, our magazines won’t exist so we’ve got an added incentive to make sure that your advert works.
5. Our content is reader-led. We don’t pump our pages with free but generic copy from national copywriters who have probably never even been to Cardiff. We write about the people, the places and the stories that North Cardiff people know and care about. And if we don’t write it ourselves, our readers do. In fact, our magazines have become such a well-known publication that over 50% of our content is written by readers, professionally edited and published by us.
6. We offer FREE design service, FREE unlimited editorial on our popular website and even a FREE online advert with each advert booked. Our website is visited by over 150,000 individual visitors a year. And with each issue of our magazines uploaded to our website, your money really does go a long way.
7. In a recent survey, 93% of our readers rated our magazines as ‘Very Good’. 73% of them said that they kept back issues and on average, 3.3 people read each copy of the magazines. Positive feedback we’d say. In fact, our magazines have been lauded by The Guardian and even the National Library of Wales Aberystwyth has requested copies, deeming them ‘of significant cultural importance’. Why advertise elsewhere?
8. We harness the power of social media to help our advertisers. Want to get your news story, offer, or details of your latest products/services to thousands of our followers in an instant? They’re all there waiting to hear from you. And as long as you’ve paid for your original advert, we won’t charge you a penny for splashing it all over the web. It’s all part of what we do to help you.
9. Over 50% of our advertisers have been advertising with us since 2007. Repeat business is always a good sign that we’re doing it right.
10. Our magazines are full A4, full-colour and printed on 130gsm paper. It’s a proper read.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to feature.